What is a Back ache ?
Back pain is one of the most common reasons people seek medical help or miss work. Back pain is a leading cause of disability worldwide.Lower back pain usually gets better with rest, ice and over-the-counter pain relievers. After a few days of rest, you can start to get back to your normal activities.
- coughing or sneezing
- muscle tension
- bending awkwardly or for long periods
- pushing, pulling, lifting, or carrying something
- standing or sitting for long periods
Types of Back Pain
- Acute back pain happens suddenly and usually lasts a few days to a few weeks.
- Subacute back pain can come on suddenly or over time and lasts 4 to 12 weeks.
- Chronic back pain may come on quickly or slowly and lasts longer than 12 weeks.
- occupational activities
- a sedentary lifestyle
- poor physical fitness
- older age
- excess weight
- strenuous physical exercise or work, especially if done incorrectly
- genetic factors