About Dr. Vivek Agrawal
Dr. Vivek Mahesh Agrawal
Dr Vivek Mahesh Agrawal is one of the young and dynamic Neurosurgeon in Nagpur and widely known for his work in Vidarbha, in the field of brain and spine surgery. He has completed his MBBS From Lata Mangeshkar Hospital Nagpur, M.S (Gen. Surgery) from NHL Municiple Medical College and V.S. Hospital, Ahmedabad and M.Ch (Neurosurgery) from B. J. Medical College And Civil Hospital, Ahmedabad.
B. J. Medical college and Civil hospital, Ahmedabad is one of the busy centre for Neuro-Surgery in India performing around 200 cases in a month. There he developed very fine skills in managing brain and spine cases in a very hectic three years. He further acquired Neuro- endoscopic surgery skills by completing fellowship programme in Neuro-endoscopy under Dr. Y.R. Yadav, HOD And Professor, Department of Neurosurgery, Jabalpur Medical College and Hospital.
He has worked as assistant professor at Raipur medical college, Chhatisgarh as well as at GMC and Superspeciality hospital, Nagpur for more than 3 years. During this tenure, he has performed more than 500 brain and spine surgeries including very complex surgeries which requires good hand and eye co-ordination and in-depth knowledge of anatomy.
He is fluent in hindi, marathi, gujarati and english. His has special interest in minimally invasive spine surgery, CV junction surgery, brain tumour surgery, Endoscopic skull base surgery. He has keen interest in acquiring new and minimally invasive techniques for the benefit of the patient.
- Member Of Neurological Society Of India.
- Member Of Maharashtra Chapter Of Neurological Society.
- Member Of Nagpur Neuro Society Of India.
- Member Of Indian Medical Association.
- Member Of AO Spine.
NKP Salve Institute Of Medical Science And Research Centre, Nagpur.
M.S. (GEN. SURGERY 2007-2010)
NHL Municiple Medical College And V.S. Hospital, Ahmedabad Under The Guidence Of Prof. Dr. Ajay Munshi,Head Of The Unit, Dept Of Surgery, V. S. Hospital, Ahmedabad.
M.Ch (NEUROSURGERY 2011-2014)
B.J. Medical College And Civil Hospital, Ahmedabad Under The Guidence Of Dr. Harshil C Shah, Ex Professor And HOD, Dept Of Neurosurgery, Civil Hospital, Ahmedabad.
Completed Fellowship In Neuroendoscopy Under Dr. Y.R. Yadav, HOD And Professor, Department Of Neurosurgery, Jabalpur Medical College And Hospital.
- General Surgery Training :
Dr. Vivek Agrawal got selected for M.S. General surgery through all India post graduate medical entrance exams held in 2007. He also completed 3 years of residency in General surgery at NHL Municipal Medical College and V.S.A hospital which is 2nd largest General Hospital in Ahmedabad, under the guidance of prof. Dr. Ajay Munshi. During his Residency in general surgery, Dr. V.Agrawal participated in daily rounds and in patient care indoors as well as in the ICU. Rotation in all the Super Specialty Dept. (NEUROSURGERY, CARDIOTHORACIC SURGERY, UROSURGERY, as well as in pediatric surgery). Dr. Vivek Agrawal done hydrocele, inguinal hernioplasty, appendiectomy, cholecystectomy, gastric perforation repair independently. Dr. Agrawal also performed emergency surgeries like laporotomy for stab, trauma, resection anastomosis, assistedwhipple’s triple bypass, abdomino-peroneal resection as well as anterior resection. Dr. V.Agrawal had also assisted in all the super–speciality departments.
Completed fellowhhip programme in neuroendoscopy under Dr. Y.R. Yadav, HOD and Professor, department of neurosurgery, Jabalpur Medical College and Hospital.
Presentation In National Conference
1. Paper On “Endoscopic Third Ventriculostomy: A Study Of 25 Pediatric Patients” At Annual Conference Held By ISPR, Ahmedabad (2013).
2. Poster On “A Rare Case Of Hypothalamic Pleomorphic Xanthoastrocytoma In a 12 Year Female Child” At Annual Conference Held By ISPR, Ahmedabad (2013)
3. Poster On “Dual Chronic Ossified Epidural Hematomas Presented With Seizures 23 Years After Head Injury In An Adult Male” VSACON 2017.
1. Dual Chronic Ossified Epidural Hematoma Presented With Seizures 23 Years After Head Injury In An Adult Male-Case Report. Indian Journal Of Neurotrauma. 2018.
2. Tuberculosis: A Common Infection With Rare Presentation, Isolated Sellar Tuberculoma With Panhypopituitarism. Journal Of Neurosciences In Rural Practice. 2019.
3. Largest Intracranial Calcified Hydatid Cyst: A Case Report With Review Of Literature. Asian Journal Of Neurosurgery. 2020.